Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Tuesday April 1, 2008
Today I finished prepping all of the fuel tank parts for sealing.
First, I scuffed up all of the mating surfaces where the sealant will be applied. This, according to the manual, improves the seal by giving it more surface to adhere to.
Finally, I used soapy water to clean the same mating surfaces to remove any skin oils and other residues that may prevent good adhesion.
I'm now officially ready to start riveting parts together. I'm a bit nervous about dealing with the sealant, but there's no better way to overcome that than to dive right in.