Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Thursday June 18, 2009
So, the time had arrived. It was time to start the dreaded task of bending the longerons.
I started out by cutting out the template and gluing it to some stiff cardboard.
Then, I configured the shop for bending. I positioned the table with the vise in the right spot and taped some plastic to the jaws of the vise to prevent scratching the longerons.
Then I got to it, clamping the longeron at one inch intervals and applying a bending force by hand. Here is where I got it before I stopped for the night. Unfortunately, when you bend this angle in one axis, it tends to also bend in the other. So, although it looks pretty close to the template, I have to remove a significant bend in the vertical axis, as well.