Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Wednesday September 6, 2006
The response from Van was that, while the edge distance in those places was not optimal, it wasn't a big issue. They are "aware" that some of the flanges are "marginal" in some places. So I took their advice and carried on last night.
I spent the evening finishing all rib to spar and skin to skeleton drilling. There are a lot of holes, so it took a while. Both sides of the horizontal stabilizer are now completely drilled and ready for finishing. One thing I discovered is that when you're drilling a #30 hole through several pieces of rather thick metal, it'd be better to drill a #40 pilot hole all the way through before attempting to final drill the whole thing to #30.
Tonight I'll get busy deburring and edge-prepping the spars, ribs, and skins. If I have time, I may prime. Assuming that no problems crop up during the riveting process, I may be able to finish the HS on Friday.