Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Monday September 11, 2006
I started off the evening by edge prepping, straightening, and fluting the VS ribs. This took about an hour. Then I assembled the VS skeleton and drilled all attach holes.
I used my soldering iron to melt off the plastic on the VS skin along the rib and spar mating surfaces. Then I began the arduous task of clecoing the skin to the skeleton. I don't know why I have so much trouble with this step, but things never seem to want to line up just right and I have to really put some grunt into moving them into place. I had to be very careful not to rip up the pre-punched holes with the clecoes...which seem to be just a bit too large for the undersized holes.
I then finished final drilling all of the skin to skeleton rivet holes. At this point, I may as well go ahead and get the VS ready for priming. Then I'll do the HS & VS priming and riveting together.