Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Saturday October 23, 2021
My schedule at work the last week made it impossible to get out to the garage until today. I started by prepping and priming the boost pump cover and associated parts.
Then I painted the parts that will show in the cockpit.
Then I started installing the NACA inlets for cabin fresh air. I taped off the area of the skins where I wanted to scuff and prep for the proseal. I stripped off the paint with acetone and then scuffed the area.
I cut some small pieces of screen and rubber banded them to the inside duct on the NACA inlet. This is to prevent critters from nesting in there.
Then I mixed up the proseal (been a long time since I smelled that smell) and put a small bead around the inlet to attach the screen.
Then, I put down proseal on the skin and carefully taped the inlets in place.
I used some pieces of wood and clamps to provide some extra pressure.
I also spent some time playing with the wing tip and the styrofoam to see if I could smooth out the warped spots. The idea would be to then create fiberglass stiffeners while the styrofoam holds the shape, but I didn't have much luck.