Log (By Day)
Log (By Category)
Pics of Me Working
Sunday May 22, 2022
I sanded off the aluminum putty on the canopy deck. Looks good and very tough.
Same with the holes I filled.
I drilled the hole for the cotter pin on the canopy handle. I also primed the inside of the steel tube to protect against corrosion. Then I bolted the whole thing in place.
You can use it to keep the canopy cracked open slightly. You can see the screws are a bit short--I ordered longer ones.
And its primary purpose is to serve as a backup lock when the canopy is closed.
I also bolted the lugs to the canopy on both sides.
I then spent at least an hour tweaking the fit and the ease of latching. Bolting these slightly moved them, I guess.
Then I installed the aft window so I can work on the canopy to window gap.
I discovered that the optional backing strips I had fabricated to protect the inside of the rear window from the nuts on the skin to plexi screws are all misaligned because I drilled them with the skin flat. The curvature of the skin and the thickness of the plexiglass means the holes are too far apart. I'll probably re-do them.