Monday October 9, 2006
Rudder Work (Rudder)
1.5 Hours

Previous - Index - Next

Over the weekend, I spent some time here and there continuing to work on the rudder. I final drilled a bunch of holes in the skeleton and clecoed on the two skins. One of the stiffeners on the left skin was too long and interfered with one of the rudder attach point stiffeners, so I took the skin off and ground the stiffener back a bit with my die grinder. I've noticed that the rudder skins seem to have a bit of extra play in them. They're oil-canning a little bit, so I e-mailed Van's to see what I should do about it.

I also trimmed the R-710 control horn reinforcement bracket and drilled it to the rudder.

Previous - Index - Next


Creative Commons License Unless otherwise stated, all content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.